(30 May 2021) Air Canada has partnered Rocky Mountaineer so that Aeroplan members can earn and redeem points, as well as enjoy premium benefits, when booking a new scenic rail journey with the company.
Aeroplan members can earn up to 20,000 bonus points for each eligible traveller booked with Rocky Mountaineer.
“While spectacular from 30,000 feet above, the Rocky Mountains are even more breathtaking from the ground! Air Canada is pleased to offer Aeroplan members an opportunity to see some of the world’s most stunning natural scenery while riding in luxury aboard Rocky Mountaineer,” said Mark Nasr, Senior Vice President, Products, Marketing and eCommerce, Air Canada. “Aeroplan takes great pride in offering members unique and compelling travel rewards and, at a time when many Canadians plan to spend their summer holiday closer to home, our partnership with Canada’s Rocky Mountaineer opens the door to one of the world’s leading luxury experiences, right in our own backyard.”
Aeroplan members will be able take advantage of a special introductory offer to earn up to 20,000 bonus points for each traveller with a valid Aeroplan number when booking travel for 2021 with Rocky Mountaineer.
Members can also redeem Aeroplan points for vacation packages and, through their Aeroplan Elite Status or Aeroplan Premium Co-branded credit cards, upgrade their onboard Service Level or hotel accommodation. Key features include:
– Members can earn 20,000 bonus Aeroplan points per customer for booking in Rocky Mountaineer’s GoldLeaf Service and 10,000 bonus Aeroplan points per customer for SilverLeaf Service bookings for travel in 2021;
– Aeroplan Elite Status members 50K and above receive an upgrade from Rocky Mountaineer’s SilverLeaf to GoldLeaf Service, and two nights of upgraded hotel accommodations while travelling;
– Aeroplan Premium Co-Brand Cardholders will earn up to an additional point per dollar spent for a total of two points per dollar spent. Plus, they will receive an upgrade from Rocky Mountaineer’s SilverLeaf to GoldLeaf Service, and two nights of upgraded hotel accommodations while travelling;
– Aeroplan Elite Status 25K and 35K members receive two nights of upgraded hotel accommodations while travelling; and
– Members can redeem Aeroplan points on the Aeroplan eStore for either dollar eVouchers starting at $50, or entire Rocky Mountaineer vacation package eVouchers.
“With this partnership we’re bringing together two leaders in Canadian travel,” said Peter Armstrong, Founder and Interim CEO of Rocky Mountaineer. “We are delighted to introduce our iconic luxury travel experience to Aeroplan members. Our train journeys are an enthralling way to explore the breathtaking scenery of western Canada and the southwest USA from our glass-domed trains. We know Aeroplan members are looking for epic travel experiences and we look forward to welcoming them on board our trains.”